Monday, September 10, 2007

I Want a Nietzsche Family Circus Widget!

One often contradicts an opinion when what is uncongenial is really the tone in which it was conveyed.

Gotta love this ad too:
Life is pietzsche Shirt
A Shirt For Ironic Nihilists, Or Just Fans Of Friedrich Nietzsche


Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

UPDATE: Forgot to add source!



Yet another Breaking News Update!

I love the image at the left and it can be found with some NSFW material over at Zillow Book.

Something about the infinite reflection of mirrors has always intrigued me. When I was a kid I always wondered what it would be like to escape to the tiniest (last one I could see) reflection at the end.

7 comments:

Ogg the Caveman said...

It's so nice to be able to Murst! here again.

Peripheral Visionary said...

If you want Nietzsche-esque Family Circus, take a look at the Family Circus crossover in Pearls Before Swine. I can't be certain, but I'm under the impression that it has NOT been endorsed by Bil Keane :D .

Some of my favorites:

Rat and Dolly

Rat and Jeffy

Jeffy's Busy Day

This one has a flashback to some of the earlier panels with Family Circus crossovers; I'm not sure when the originals were published:

Pearls Before Swine Meets Family Circus

Akubi said...

@PV
Those are pretty funny - particularly Rat and Jeffy.
What I'd really like to know is if anybody actually finds Family Circus funny, i.e. literally laughs out loud reading it.

Ogg the Caveman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Stuff like that makes me shudder.

Akubi said...

In Farm Aid Chipotle news...

It was an impressive concept, she said last night from her office in
Chez Panisse in Berkeley, but she noted that the major sponsors were
big corporations like Clif Bars, Horizon Organic, Silk soy milk
products, Chipotle and even Sysco Food Service.
“Basically they just tried to have relatively real food there, but it
was the same stuff you see everywhere,” she said. As a result.

Ogg the Caveman said...

Sustainably raised meats! Sweet! Win-Win!