Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cat's in the Cradle Video

via Kuato AKA Edgar AKA Buzzsaw.



The hot Safeway delivery guy who was another only child Californicated product of the free-for-all 70's said this song described his dad perfectly.
I remember my dad playing that song on an 8-Track in a pea green VW van and thought he must have felt that way about his dad too.
But my dad died "unexpectedly" during the first month of the 3rd grade. Since then, I spent a lot of time missing him and feeling sorry for myself, but at least I don’t have anything to hate about him (other than his last wife). It must be far worse to have a living parent who neglects or ignores you. Only children are generally far more sensitive than others IMHO.





MP3 of Sámi soga lávlla

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Akira...

Sorry about your Father dying so early... it's hard not to have a Father...

I think I'm too blind to any faults my Father has... I adore him... he is sure to have flaws...

I would love to have a pea green VW van... I'd drive around our beautiful country and check out cool stuff...

Akira said...

Hi Flowy,
There seems to be a crisis at hand, but I loved that pea green VW van.

Anonymous said...

Hi Akira....

Sorry about the crisis... whoa...

I just wanted to make a reservation for that yurt/tent... I want to live outside for the warm months... preferably next to water... (river, lake)

I gonna go to sleep now... counting staaaars...

Akira said...

Hi Flowy!
I could certainly use my own personal wired yurt these days.
Sweet Dreams!

Anonymous said...

Hi Akira,

My dad was there for me much of the time but as time passes we drift further apart. It must have been difficult for you.

Anonymous said...

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Haaaa...

Palace yurt...

Anonymous said...

I've had this theory for a long time...

I wonder if the economic crisis will push families back together... ??

No measuring it so I guess it won't happen...

Akira said...

Thanks guys.

@FamilyYurtFlowy(V),
I wonder if the economic crisis will push families back together... ??
I'm not so sure. A number of people I know seem to be getting divorced lately and financial issues seem to be a key culprit. For example: "How are we can to pay this 9K a month mortgage with your crappy salary?"

Anonymous said...

Hi Akira...

You are right for some families... that is kinda happening right now to Kitty...

She wanted to leave her marriage for years and economic stress is a perfect excuse... giddyup!

But other families are coming closer together... we'll know economic conditions are really tough when elderly parents move back in with children... but the upshot is many families could be alot happier together... (I'm gonna be burned at the stake for these ideas... cause they undercut Americano consumption modes...)