Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Tipping Point


California First Lady Maria Shriver is the surprise guest at the Oprah Winfrey/Caroline Kennedy/Michelle Obama rally at UCLA -- and she's come out for Barack Obama. She just took the stage to thunderous applause, saying, ''I'm standing here not because I'm cousins with her,'' she said, looking at her cousin, Caroline. ''Or because I'm friends with her,'' she said, looking at Oprah.

''I believe that elections are a lot like love, they're made up of moments...and the more I thought about it, the more I thought that this election is about a moment.''

''This is not just about the Democratic party..this is also about California,'' she said.

''If Barack Obama was a state, he'd be California.''

Cheers all around. Her husband, Arnold Schwarzenegger, endorsed John McCain last week. Should be interesting around the household this week.



In other feed finds:
Please Quiet Ourselves - "Color Chart" via Said the Gramophone.

BTW don't forget to take action and rescue foreclosed pets.

5 comments:

Ogg the Caveman said...

Murst!

I think we're looking at an Obama/McCain matchup in the general election.

Anonymous said...

Too late, the MSM has already given California, Florida, and New York to Billary. Sorry.

Akubi said...

@Ogg,
I hope so.
@Edgar,
I don't pay much attention to the MSM, but Obama was endorsed by all of the major California newspapers I'm aware of.
The weird math involved in the Democratic party's primary puzzles me.
Billary got Florida, but it didn't count, she's already way ahead in NY, so it's hard to say, but California could decide this one hence the importance of Maria's statement.

Anonymous said...

That anyone would vote for Billary gives me a disdain for all Amurkins.

Akubi said...

That anyone voted for W twice disturbs the hell out of me.