Some of these piglets convulsed for more than 12 minutes before dying.
Although pigs are even smarter than dogs and can be just as sociable, they are treated in this horrifying manner:
- A supervisor shoved a cane into a sow's vagina, struck her on the back about 17 times, and then struck another sow.
- Multiple pigs were beaten with metal gate rods, and lacerations were found on more than 30 sows - which is probably evidence of more abuse.
- A worker hit a young pig in the face four times with the edge of a herding board, and investigators witnessed dozens of similar incidents involving this worker and 11 other workers.
- Two men - including a supervisor - were witnessed jabbing clothespins into pigs' eyes and faces. A supervisor also poked two animals in the eyes with his fingers.
- A supervisor kicked a young pig in the face, abdomen, and genitals to make her move and told PETA's investigator, "You gotta beat on the bitch. Make her cry."
- A worker who weighed an estimated 315 lbs. punched a sow on the back three times and said that he sat on a sow's head.
Mun sylilapsi Santana lampissa by ~blindboysneverlie
WEIRD: Blogger ate my somewhat more positive updates.
Happy antidote: children's songs for adults