Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Fishnet Friday!

We survived Thanksgiving! Woohoo!

LADY SADISMO

The Lady is a Witch, 1950

Here are some cute pictures my stepdad took of Akubi and their new puppy, Amelie...
I haven't had a chance to download mine, but there are tons of other pictures.
It was a surprisingly nice day at the beach today which meant tons of other dogs were there. More than one other Pomeranian owner I encountered mentioned "what a thick coat" Akubi has. I'm sure when they walked away they were thinking "what a fat Pomeranian". Tanuki loves wearing one of his sequined Liberace shirts he sports on holidays – so other dog owners I encountered assumed he was female.
While others pointed and laughed at the goofy little dog, Tanuki strutted right past a big Doberman who tried to take his ball; nonetheless he was ambushed by a Cocker Spaniel (?) puppy who ran out the water while we were sitting on a log, shook himself off in front of us (covering me with lots of water and sand) and stole the ball. He kept running with it until he found a guy several yards away to throw it for him and continued this process of convincing others to throw the ball for him as it went further and further away while his owners kept trying to chase him and the ball to return it to Tanuki. It was rather amusing. I love dogs.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

murst back at ya!

edgar

Anonymous said...

What a mane!

Akubi said...

I really don't know what to do about Akubi's weight problem. I've increased his exercise, cut down on his food and he is still as heavy as two standard Poms combined - yet the vet didn't think he was fat enough for a doggy diet pill.

Akubi said...

Quote from a book (_Home_) I was reading this week:
Jack said, “I think hope is the worst thing in the world. I really do. It makes a fool of you while it lasts. And the when it’s gone, it’s like there’s nothing life of you at all. Except,” – he shrugged and laughed – “except what you can’t get rid of.”

Akubi said...

Oops, I meant "nothing *left* of you at all."

Centipede said...

Kill the fucking cat.

Centipede said...

Is "what you can't get rid of" your "soul" - the bad parts that won't even sell on Craigs List?

Akubi said...

OMG! My HOA dues are going up to $426 a month!
Although the Board has aggressively pursued collection of unpaid fees, the current economy often means there is simply no money to be found, but the Association must still fulfill its maintenance requirements. Consequently, the majority of the increase is due to uncollected fees."

NotAnOptimist said...

@Akubi,
That really sucks. Is this a permanent hike? Your HOA must really not expect to collect those unpaid fees. Does this affect your staying in a condo vs. buying a house?

Anonymous said...

I H8 HOAs