Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Shortchanging the Muse by ~RedSparr0w

Thanks for all of the kind comments and emails. Due to technical difficulties and the holiday, I probably won’t be online much until this weekend, but I do have a W.S. Burroughs Thanksgiving Prayer for your viewing pleasure...



For the most part, I’m doing OK considering – mainly losing myself in books. Eating has been troublesome and somewhat nauseating, but I wouldn’t mind losing a couple of pounds before the holidays. The hardest part has actually been the little quirky things that come up that I’d like to share with him, but cannot any longer.

Anyway, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’m trying to be thankful for what I have. In many ways I’m very lucky and it is rather pathetic to wallow in self pity.

No! via this isn't happiness

13 comments:

wagga said...

We all love you in a very Mursty kind of a way, so no worries luv.

NotAnOptimist said...

What Wagga said, minus the Murst.

FlyingMonkeyWarrior said...

Yep. <3

Anonymous said...

go ahead and wallow, we'll wallow with u. best.

Santa Flipper Clause said...

Ho Ho Ho - It's Santa Flipper Clause

Happy Thanksgiving Akubi

Santa F. Clause

Anonymous said...

My butternut squash pie turned out great! Happy Thanxgiving everyone!

w said...

Akubi, Can I wallow too? My sister died Monday. My cousin is probably next as they have given him months to live. There were six of us growing up and BAM all of a sudden two have been stricken young.

Keep your chin up.

wagga said...

Supposedly, Anne Coulter's jaw is wired shut. That would be something to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys! I hope you’re enjoying your Thanksgiving!

@W,
I’m sorry about your sister. Despite my best efforts, I’m still wallowing a bit, so you certainly have company.

Brief Self-Pity progress report before returning to the "festivities":
Currently I’m trying not to remember last Thanksgiving when my BF was here and I was happy, but it isn’t easy. I wouldn’t mind erasing that memory along the lines of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Anonymous said...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/27/BAKL14D284.DTL

NotAnOptimist said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

@w:
Sorry to hear about your sister, and cousin. That must be really rough. Hang in there.

@Akubi,
I wouldn't mind erasing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind from my memory. I think I've already taken the first step by repressing the viewing experience. All that comes to mind is a vaguely uncomfortable feeling, which might have more to do with the company I was keeping as I watched the film (and for the life of me, I can't recall who I saw it with). Weird.

NotAnOptimist said...

The neighbor's cat just wished me a Happy Thanksgiving! She was hanging outside the garage and gave me a very enthusiastic Happy Thanksgiving, lots of rubbing her head against my knees, nuzzling my hand. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Our cat hath decreed no xmas tree this year.