Friday, April 20, 2007

Casey Art: Casey Serin

A Byron-esque, philosophical/poetic pose (with an extra dose of organic hair wax) from our favorite American Idle:


April 20th, 2007 at 4:09 pm
Time for my daily nap… actually i’m a bit late… I like to start at 2-3PM and go for 30-45 minutes. I started the early riser / napping schedule on Monday because i’m more effective that way. Wake up at 6am, exersize, juice, shower and be ready to work at 8am. The nap gives me a shot of energy and keeps me going till midnight. This way I can wakeup early every morning to start my work day and still have energy to work late into the night or for late night meetings, etc… I did this kind of schedule for about 2 years when I first moved out on my own and before I got married. Then because I’ve had a W2 job shortly after I got married for about a year and a half (Pride Industries) I stopped the schedule. Now I’m finally getting back into it because its so productive. The hardest thing is to keep the naps consistent.
As for getting the job…. man, that must be the #1 advice I get. Maybe there is something to it. I know I need stable income. However, I’ve been trying to do it by working for myself. Problem is none of my ventures are strong enough or stable enough to be very good replacements for W2… yet.
So as the name of this post implies I’m at a critical point right now… I must adjust my course because I can’t continue just floating by.
It will have to either be a job or a FOCUSED effort towards one of my ventures. The thing is that I have enough stuff cooking that any one of those things can be enough for me to get by once it kicks in. But it hasn’t been kicking it fast enough partially because its a process and also part of it because of my lack of focus.
So if I want to avoid getting a W2 job (not that there is anything wrong with that), I must FOCUS and make some important changes in my schedule/routine.
This blog is on the chopping block right now… I’m seriously considering stopping this whole thing. It has brought me tons of great opportunities and contacts but its also a big distraction. I must either stop the blog, sell it or find a way to keep the time spent at bay.
Perhaps I need to put systems in place and people in place to help me manage this thing. So that I can keep my voice going but not take a lot of time.
I HAVE to start devoting the majority of my day on high income producing activities. The blog is more of a long term strategy and is not making me any income (yet). So I can’t continue treating my blog as a full time job. Yes I will admit that I spend a lot of time on this blog between the comments to writing posts to thinking about it. It’s taking a lot of my energy.
So I need to get rid of this thing or find a way to make it very efficient and streamlined.
Perhaps I can simply record an audio message at the end of each on what I did and have somebody transcribe it or something. And tell you EVERYTHING to cut down on speculation.
See I understand that if I only tell a partial story that actually feeds the notion that i’m lazy or whatever. There is a lot more going on and if I was to talk about it perhaps people will have more sympathy.
On the other hand I have been suffering from a lack of productive progress. I’ve been “working” but it seems like I’m spinning wheels. Since there is no monetary progress you guys think I don’t do anything.
So I need to be more transparent if I continue to blog. This way there will be less speculation. I haven’t been very transparent partially because some people and companies and transactions need to stay private. But maybe I can be more straightforward and give people the general idea without giving out all the specifics. This way at least you know WHAT i do all day.
But then I’m back to my question, why even continue blogging if it seems to distract me so much? As much as I want to share my story, I would rather have money and stability. Can I do both? Maybe.
If I have to choose between this blog and getting out of my mess it’s obvous which is the right choice.
I know, I know, i’m rabling. Before my nap I just wanted to do a quick “brain dump” of what’s on my mind. I probably seem very emotional and wish-washy too. Well I’m not that emotional but I DO tent to be whimsical, until the Rational part of my personality kicks in. It’s starting to kick in.
If what I wrote above doesn’t make any sense, then excuse it as my once in a while rant when I feel down. Me feeling down is quite rare by the way. I’m usually a pretty happy-go-lucky-its-all-good guy. That’s the only way to live life. Negativity will not get you anywhere.
My problem is maybe having a little too much ITSALLGOODness. sometimes its NOT all good.
So I have to make it good. Enough talk. Time for action. I know you don’t believe it. But you will believe it when you see it.
[By the way, excuse the spelling mistakes, i’m on my wife’ laptop and she doesn’t have Google toolbar installed which does my spell-checking for me. My laptop is starting to die on me.]


True, Casey, sometimes it is definitely not all good; however, those of us who have been watching your train wreck for far too long have some difficulty believing you given the ongoing games and/or performance art and/or general insanity we've been witnessing since last year. Tomorrow, we'll probably wake up to find you're planning to buy a small country in Africa where you will build hotels and create a Casey Land resort with no money down and the assistance of your phantom business partners. If you are not a conman, I would like to suggest that you see a psychiatrist ASAP.

No comments: