Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trigger-happy dogs do a Dick Cheney

Dogs blast hunter with shotgun: Trigger-happy mutts do a Dick Cheney

An Iowa man enjoyed a trip to hospital with 100 birdshot pellets in his calf after hunting dogs let him have it from less than a metre with some pheasant-busting ordnance, AFP reports.

In the comments:

Rise of the Animals™?
By One-armed Freddy
Posted Tuesday 30th October 2007 12:06 GMT
Never mind the RotM, what with the flaming kamikaze squirrels and monkey attacks recently I'm more concerned about the animals rising up and taking over. I'm certain that the government scientist's recent declaration of war on badgers must be what's tipped the animals over the edge. We're doomed!

RotA
By Dave
Posted Tuesday 30th October 2007 16:29 GMT
Freddy's not wrong - they're coming for us.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/sussex/7068364.stm

5 comments:

Ogg the Caveman said...

I didn't make the Cheney connection with this one, but every time I hear a story about somebody shooting his hunting partner I think of it as "pulling a Cheney".

I wish I could find the episode of The Daily Show that covered that incident. I lost count of the number of times Stewart worked the phrase "shot in the face by the vice president" into it.

Anonymous said...

**Murst**

My compost trench had a fresh layer of mole dirt in it yesterday. This morning there were raccoon and rabbit tracks in the dirt. The animals are making the rounds in my compost trench. The rabbit has gone nocturnal, that's why I don't see him/her much anymore. Animals are smart.

Ogg the Caveman said...

@ Edgar:

Maybe the rabbit went noctournal and maybe Dick Cheney's dog shot it in the face.

Anonymous said...

ogg sed:

Maybe the rabbit went noctournal and maybe Dick Cheney's dog shot it in the face.

Maybe the rabbit shot Harry Whittington and the dog blamed it on Dick Cheney. You don't want to underestimate wabbits, they are evil incarnate.

Akubi said...

At this point I have a lot more faith in non-human animals, so if they've had enough and are going over the edge, it is probably our last hope for the planet (while the rest of us. Personally, I'm too busy finding "red between the lines" images for Zillow Book's latest theme to concern myself with saving the planet for now.
Rabbit poop makes good compost BTW.