Friday, January 25, 2008

Let's buy that million dollar home we've been wanting!


Thanks to the economic stimulus package and our government we can get further in debt for less money. Sweet deal! It's the American way!
Speaking of debt don't forget to vote for 6 Degrees of Casey Serin to Hillary Clinton.

[MP3] Mono In VCF - Key To The House via i guess i'm floating.

Photos from Sexy Follies via Dadanoias

29 things to be happy about
Yes, it's all doom and gloom and war and global warming and Bush. Except when it's not
28) A whopping 84 percent of Americans claim to be somewhere between "pretty happy" and "very happy." No, no one knows what sort of crack they're smoking. I mean, haven't they all seen the global warming? The imminent apocalypse? The staph infections and the drug-resistant bacteria and the Islamo-fascists and Dick Cheney's black and vile stare? Why all the happiness? It is because of all the Prozac? Or is it because of No. 29?
29)
1.20.09.

11 comments:

Akubi said...

Wow, I was looking through Baab's search terms and discovered that this blog is the number one Google result for "is it true dick cheney butt fucks animals in wyoming". Woohoo!

Akubi said...

The Stimulus Swindle

Ogg the Caveman said...

Well, I think it's entirely possible to be happy and worried about the future at the same time. The problems mentioned by the author are all serious, but they don't have much impact on my overall emotional state.

Anonymous said...

Ignorance is bliss.

Akubi said...

@Ogg,
So #29 doesn't make you happy?

@Buzz saw,
Here's one you might appreciate:
“Bernanke Rides to the Rescue” assures an heroic headline in the Jan. 23 Wild West’s “San Francisco Chronicle.” Yet all the king’s men on all the king’s horses with all their band-aids and sugar pills will not be able to prop up the rapidly crashing US economy. “Fed Gallops to the Rescue,” the corporate newspaper’s sub-headline continues its cowboy deception...

Ogg the Caveman said...

#29 makes me both happy and nervous. I'd be less nervous if fewer of the serious candidates were so much like Bush.

Anonymous said...

Tanks for da link akubi!

Akubi said...

Stimulus plan may lead to higher mortgage rates

NotAnOptimist said...

It's doubtful the so-called stimulus package will stimulate anything. History doesn't always repeat itself, y'know.

On the "29 things to be happy about" article:
#11 kinda amuses me. I'd love to go crawl down a black hole. Or something.
#14 is so true.
#24 just makes me sad.
#27 comes as no surprise. Not that it will change anything.

Akubi said...

@NotAnOptimist,
#14 is so true.
Yeah, particularly when they're newly retired.
As far as #24, did you read the story the film was based upon? I still can't figure out how a healthy, young, healthy guy could die from contemporary sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication. Also, they screwed Brokeback at the Oscars so I wonder if the current nominations released had anything to do with a need to take more of his medication than usual.
Have you ever had really intense, visceral nightmares where you feel you could very well die if you weren't a conscious dreamer? Perhaps that’s what happened… I recently had a nightmare that scared the shit out of me, but I have dogs to calm me down and annoy me too.
BTW I thought this was funny.

Akubi said...

Too many laptops, feeds and multi-tasking - yet I updated this post with a rather appropriate mp3: Key To The House