Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oxygen Bar for Dogs

Dogs are slowly replacing human children. In Japan, there are already more households with dogs than there are households with kids, and the service industry is right up there to pamper them. Here we see a canine oxygen bar--just one of the many luxury services available to dogs in Japan, like haute couture and yoga.
The owners of this facility already have about 20 oxygen bars for humans, but decided that our dog friends could benefit from clean air unattainable in cities like Tokyo. The dogs are placed in this glass cylinder and blasted with air for 30 minutes. Then, supposedly, they feel better. Image by AP
Tokyo oxygen bar offers pick-me-up for pooped pups [Reuters]

i09: High-End Oxygen Bar Slows Down Canine Aging [Japan]



5 comments:

Ogg the Caveman said...

Hmm. Do you suppose they have little doggy wheatgrass shots too?

wagga said...

My brother in law worked A&P on C5As some time ago. He told me that the first thing some of the mechs would do in the morning (after a hard night's drinking) was glom onto the aircraft oxygen.

@Ogg - still my first.

Akubi said...

@Ogg,
They must have wheatgrass shots at this yoga studio.

@Wagga,
I've never tried oxygen, but I did try ion therapy at a spa one time. Essentially, one sits in a dark room with a purple light for a half hour or so and that's about it. Theoretically it is supposed to leave one feeling rejuvenated, but I didn't notice any difference afterwards.

Akubi said...

After browsing the dog yoga site, I have to admit that looks pretty fun. If they had it in my area I'd enroll. When it comes to dogs, Japan is way ahead of us. They also have doggie swimming pools.

Akubi said...

Tokyomango's groovy dogs