Friday, August 24, 2007

New Hope for Enron's Electricity Bonanza

A federal appeals court revived California's request for at least $1 billion in refunds to electricity customers Friday, saying federal regulators who denied the repayments had ignored tapes in which Enron traders joked about gouging customers during the energy crisis of 2000-2001.
The ruling was issued by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, which has repeatedly found that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission abused its authority or violated its own rules in considering the state's claims of multibillion-dollar overcharges during the energy crisis.

In other news, yes, I've been falling behind on the 6 Degrees of Casey Serin game...Michael Vick came to mind, but he pisses me off too much to find him amusing so I guess we'll pass this week.

Anyway, I'm feeling rather sad and depressed about everything and shall assume nobody could give a rat's ass one way or another. Thanks for your support nonetheless.
UPDATE: The REAL reason for my gloomy mood is my dining room full of storage boxes returned to me yesterday. There's nothing quite so depressing as stacks of boxes full of junk one doesn't know what to do with.

2 comments:

Ogg the Caveman said...

Murst!

wagga said...

Same boat with the boxes. I'm cleaning up after a probate, & loaded my storage locker into the garage.

One box a day. Four heaps:
1) ebay - if it doesn't sell then...
2) Vets Assoc. store
3) Keep
4) Toss