Saturday, August 25, 2007

Too Much Stuff

Breaking News Flash (update)!
Funny finds in one of the boxes:
As I understand it my dad really fell for the Burgundy Meat Loaf featured in Saucepans and the Single Girl. Bacchus Behave! was one of my grandmother's books (background story unknown).

One can still easily find the page of the favorite recipe since it's the only one with sauce or something all over it...

So they don't harm the books, my boys have been spending their time on the bed with their favorite stuffed animals.

While the cooking/cocktail books with family ties make some sense to keep, WTF was I thinking when I decided to pack a box of old Wired magazines and shit....? To the dump it goes. Woohoo!

This is my dining room.

This is my "office".
Having been recently reacquainted with boxes of crap I don't know what to do with (see dining room photo above) and would rather not bother with, I thought I would document it here so as to be held virtually accountable for pile management. Yes, it is boring blogging, but very few blogs aren’t boring. As you can see from the “office” photo on the left, I already had some pile ignore mode issues when I was presented with the latest re-additions. Anyway, I know there are (or were) some old first editions in one of the boxes, but I’ll have to go through all the others to find them. Unfortunately, they are mislabeled. I shall document my progress on this exciting venture.

5 comments:

wagga said...

Murst! Take that, Oggster!

Anonymous said...

Your mother was a firelighter and your father smelled of sparklers.

Akubi said...

@wagga,
Oggy is biking in Idaho, so that's not fair.

wagga said...

So the Ogg doesn't have broadband on the bike? Cavemen are so far behind the times, & I am so jealous...

Ogg the Caveman said...

@ Akubi:

I have a similar pile and, fortunately or unfortunately, enough space for it to be mostly out of sight and out of mind.


@ Wagga:

Strictly speaking I had internet access. I had my cell phone with me, which can browse the web although I have no doubt that the cost is outrageous, and I had coverage even in some rather remote spots. However, I was too busy massively focusing on the trail and having partial success at not crashing to keep on top of my Mursting.